Spaghetti with Quick Meat Sauce
- 1 lb whole wheat or gluten free spaghetti
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large carrot finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is beginning to brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. add beef and cook, stirring and breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Increase heat to high. Stir in tomatoes and cook until thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in parsley and salt.
- Serve the sauce over the pasta, sprinkled with cheese.